Did you know that the State of Florida requires all Contractors to be licensed?
A Contractor is someone who demolishes, subtracts from, builds or improves any building or structure for compensation. Examples of compensation are cash, goods, services, etc. Essentially, if you pay someone to construct a building or a structure, make structural alterations to load bearing walls, or perform services such as plumbing or air conditioning work, that person has to have a state contractors’ license.
Individuals seeking licensure as a CERTIFIED contractor, except for Swimming Pool Specialty contractors, must first take and pass a state certification examination. Passing the examination will allow you to apply for licensure as a certified contractor. A passing grade on the examination alone does not qualify you for licensure. After passing the examination, you should complete and submit the application for Initial Issuance of Licensure. The application includes
- AGE: an age limit of at least 18 years of age.
- Proof of financial stability and responsibility by submitting credit reports for themselves and the business entities they wish to qualify.
- EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Applicants are required to have four years of experience or a combination of college and experience.
- Ted graduated with a Bachelor of Science from Southern College of Technology in Marietta, Georgia
- FINGERPRINTS: An applicant must have a background check as part of the licensing process.
- INSURANCE: Applicants are required to attest that they have obtained public liability and property damage insurance in the amounts determined by Board rule. Applicants are also required to obtain workers compensation insurance or obtain an exemption from workers compensation insurance within 30 days of issuance of their license.
- ASG Solutions, LLC has the Commercial General Liability limits to meet both each occurrence and general aggregate and Workman’s Compensation.
When you choose ASG for your maintenance and construction needs then you have the peace of mind in knowing that you are backed by an experienced company that holds a Certified General Contractor’s license in multiple states. No matter how big or small the job, you’ve come to the right place.
Ted Graham was interviewed about the building of Paddock Square in The Villages for an episode of The Building of Brownwood.